Forward - From the Heartland of Carolina

This is a continuing story of the journey Forward shared by 2 people, Lynne and Tom. Both love to LIVE life to it's fullest, which currently means spending lots of time outdoors, working on various projects from gardens to patios, flowers to vegetables, sunrises and sunsets, birds and woodland critters, and spending time with family. Don't forget to check the monthly archives, and please feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Who are we to second guess God???

I am sitting here today wanting to write a totally different blog but feel compelled to say what is really on my heart. This weekend was a totally fantastic weekend spent with new found friends and then with family which Tom will cover in pictures. The beginning of the week brought some devastating news and for me a trip back down a road I thought was behind me. Bobby my BIL was diagnosed with terminal cancer on Tuesday. The events and the diagnosis eerily paralled what I went through with Glenn when we found out the news - feeling pretty good then started feeling bad and a doctors visit and a test that changed lives forever. I felt like I was living it all over again while taking to Joyce and then again with Lee. Talking with Joyce I had no real words of comfort - I know what they are facing - I know the fears, uncertaintity and loss that is in their future. The regimen of treatment is exactly the same as Glenns - intensive chemo with concurrent radiation in hopes of shrinking the tumor and then a possible 8 hour surgery - if that doesn't work then just palliative chemo to keep Bobby comfortable. Again I sit here asking why???? - why are some hit with terminal cancer when diagnosed and not others. I also look back on a chain of events that got Joyce and Bobby back near family so they wouldn't have to face this alone and I look back on the events that got Glenn and I back near our children again so we wouldn't have to face it alone and the kids would have time with their father and realize that God had a hand in it all.

I wish I had the words to tell Joyce and Bobby that it will be OK - God has his reasons and he will see them through this but they seem so hollow. For me as devastating as it was to go through what Glenn and I did - he did have a plan and I am now so very happy again. I can't say that to Joyce -she doesn't want to hear that now - I didn't when I was going through it. Right now I know they can only see and hear the present and it hurts and seems so bleak. They are in for a very rough road and a very terrifying one - Please keep them in your prayers......

Lynne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and her hubby. God Bless you all.

1/11/06 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobby will be in my prayers, as will Joyce. I'm so sorry. It is difficult for someone going through such a horrible thing to see how perfect and magnificent God's plan is...We may not like it or understand what is going on or why, but He truly is perfect and loves us all so much.

5/11/06 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home