Forward - From the Heartland of Carolina

This is a continuing story of the journey Forward shared by 2 people, Lynne and Tom. Both love to LIVE life to it's fullest, which currently means spending lots of time outdoors, working on various projects from gardens to patios, flowers to vegetables, sunrises and sunsets, birds and woodland critters, and spending time with family. Don't forget to check the monthly archives, and please feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Spring has arrived

but first an update on Mom. After we had the family reunion Mom stayed on real high for a couple of weeks - she couldn't stop talking about it to the nurses, home aid and Hospice counselor. Then to make things even better we had a visit from her oldest grandaughter - my niece Karen. We surprised Mom with that visit and was she ever - her faced beamed for days after Karen left. Since Mom is spending almost all of her time in her bedroom now, Tom and I moved her furniture around so she could see out her window from her bed and watch the birds at the bird feeder and see the ever changing flowers in several gardens. She has really enjoyed that. All in all she is holding her own - she still is not eating or drinking much and continues to lose weight but her spirits are up and that makes us happy. Our continued prayers and our mission is to keep her comfortable so her remaining days are filled with love and peace.

Tom and I are really keeping busy now that spring is in full swing. Our winter sowing was a complete success this winter and as a result we have tons of plants to get out into the gardens. Tom has expanded his number of veggies adding more varieties of peppers, tomatoes, beans, squash, you name it he has planted it. Hopefully we will have sufficient rain this year to have a good yield. I did alot of perennials trying to chose ones that were drought tolerant once established. I am going to do away with the fussy annuals that need constant water during the heat of the summer and stick with drought tolerant ones. I have been doing alot of reading and research on which varieties to use. Thanks to Ruth coming down twice a week now Tom and I do get out and are able to really work uninterrupted while she is here. On days when she isn't here we take a baby monitor outside with us so we can hear Mom if she calls for us. So far it is working out really good.

So as spring sets in I can say that life is really good here in the Heartland - thanks for stopping by and please leave us a message when you do......until the next time

Lynne ~~he who plants a seed - believes in tomorrow~~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet your garden looks lovely. I so much love to read about your gardens and view the lovely pictures. I used to garden when I was able and now have to be house bound. Praying for your Mom and family.

Jan

1/5/08 10:57 PM  
Blogger Alberta Rose said...

Lynne I loved reading about your garden! It will be weeks before we see anything but dandelions this far up north. It gives me hope that spring is not too far off. I also loved seeing the pictures of the family reunion. Your family is doing an awesome job of rallying around your mom to ensure she is well cared for.

2/5/08 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lift your mama up to our Lord and ask that He keep her close and comforted in these days. What a blessing to pull of a family reunion for her! You have all been on my mind and in my heart...

18/5/08 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home