Forward - From the Heartland of Carolina

This is a continuing story of the journey Forward shared by 2 people, Lynne and Tom. Both love to LIVE life to it's fullest, which currently means spending lots of time outdoors, working on various projects from gardens to patios, flowers to vegetables, sunrises and sunsets, birds and woodland critters, and spending time with family. Don't forget to check the monthly archives, and please feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Giving Thanks...........

Nov22 - a date that I am sure that no matter who you talk to it would have a different meaning - a birthday, a wedding, an assassination of a President or just an ordinary day. For me - one year ago - it was the beginning of a new life - a realization that I could live, love and laugh again - it was the day Tom asked me to spend the rest of my life with him as his wife. I had a suspicion things were up when the day before I saw him in deep conference with Dawn, Kevin (my kids) and Mom - I held back from joining them and was pleased to see them laughing and apparently having a good time. To me that was more of an affirmation that just maybe this was the 'right guy'. Later I was to find out that he was asking their permission to marry me. For Tom to show that respect for my Mom, my kids, and the memory of their father pretty much sealed the deal for me. I could truly go into this marriage with the knowledge that my kids approved and that their approval was a sign from their daddy that it was time for me to move on with my life.

I have so very much to be thankful for this year as we draw closer to Thanksgiving but most important ......

Thank you Dawn and Kevin for being the children that you are - you were the light of your Daddy's eyes and your approval meant everything to me. Thank you for giving me the 4 neatest grandkids around - Brad, Andrew, John and now dear sweet Celeste......

Thank you, Tom, for allowing the memories to remain as we 'move forward in our lives here at the "Heartland" and build new ones. Thank you most of all for loving me and asking me one year ago today to spend the rest of our lives together - it has been a 'wonderful' year. I love you........

Lynne ~~he who plants a seed - believes in tomorrow~~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 'anniversary' of this special day. May God bless your family for now and always.

I have really enjoyed your garden adventure. Keep those beautiful pictures coming!

22/11/05 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful holiday. Love you! Laura

23/11/05 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home