Forward - From the Heartland of Carolina

This is a continuing story of the journey Forward shared by 2 people, Lynne and Tom. Both love to LIVE life to it's fullest, which currently means spending lots of time outdoors, working on various projects from gardens to patios, flowers to vegetables, sunrises and sunsets, birds and woodland critters, and spending time with family. Don't forget to check the monthly archives, and please feel free to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Well it was bound to happen

the beautiful garden/yard that Tom and I were married in is slowly being put to rest. Yesterday we pulled all the impatients and a week ago I dug all the caladiums and have them drying and tagged as to cultivar and will put them in safe keeping till next spring where they will once again grace our gardens. I hate to see the season end but know that the love we shared that day in July with our friends and family will continue to grow and forever grace our home no matter how cold the winter. We will have all the wonderful pictures to look at and will spend the winter pouring over seed catalogs and magazines and garden forums and dream of how we will make the yard and gardens even more beautiful next summer.

One thing - we will not let the gardens go too sleep completely as I have been busy planting violas, pansies, dianthus and snap dragons in planters, window boxes and in the ground. We have purchased our first of many Camellias to grace the woodland area and will work to strive for that year round color. My goal is to have something in bloom every month of the year. We will eagerly await the early spring bulbs - some of which will be blooming in early February and the hellbores will start in January. We have already planted seeds of early spring annuals - love in the mist (nigellia), poppies and dames rocket in one garden and the larkspur is already sprouting which self seeded this past spring. I just love it - puts a smile on my face to see the land renew itself. Mom's garden will get spring bulbs planted in it next week and then wildflower seed scattered in it. It should be a very pretty sight come next spring.

As you can see life continues here in the heartland and all is well. We are enjoying life and living it to the fullest.

Lynne - ~~he who plants a seed - believes in tomorrow~~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are you? Glad you are saving some things from the garden. Hope all is well. Love to you, Colton and family

12/11/05 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, the stories.
It brings warmth and joy
to many people I am sure.
Linda (lasr)

13/11/05 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe how much has ahppened since I first got to know you Lynne, and then adding Tom to the mix. I feel so happy that you have had the chance to find a second happiness as I did.

I love reading of all the things you do and share.

Wendy.

14/11/05 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom and Lynne, I enjoy the pictures so very much. The fall flowers and arragements are beautiful.....

Also all the other pages are great too. I envied Kay for getting to come to the wedding She did share all of your family pictures with me.
Thanks again. I love my flower gardens. I will just look at your all winter and dream of next summer.

15/11/05 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home